ISOCNET Password Policy
ISOCNET’s password policy requires all users to maintain the strongest password strength.
Follow these requirements for all of your passwords:
- Maintain a minimum of 8 characters
- Use a mix of upper case and lower case letters, numbers and special characters
- Use a short but uncommon phrase. You could then either take the first letters from each of those words to start with or if the phrase is short enough, use the phrase itself. Then add in random upper case letters, numbers and special characters. "You can keep your nose out of my stuff thank you!" can become "yckynoomsty". Add in some upper case letters "YcKynOomStY". Then put in some numbers and special characters. "3YcKynO0m$tY!5" and you have a good secure password.
- Cannot contain the domain name or username.
- Update your passwords every 3-6 months.
- When in doubt, us a random password generator, such as http://www.pctools.com/guides/password/ and http://www.onlinepasswordgenerator.net/
Click here for more help in creating a secure password.