Welcome to the new ISOCNET billing system. The delivery of your invoice has changed. We would like for you to understand what to expect from the new billing system and how you will receive your invoice. Click on any of the invoice and payment delivery document links below to view the example of our new billing system procedures. Thank you for trusting ISOCNET as your online solutions partner.
1. When you receive an email containing a new invoice, the subject will be “Customer Invoice”.
2. The second line of the invoice email will read that “an invoice has been generated”.
3. The third line of the invoice email will indicate your payment method. If you are on auto debit, it will be credit card. Otherwise it might be say check
or mail in payment.
4. All invoices will now have an invoice number displayed on the fourth line of the invoice email along with the amount due and due date.
5. If your account is on auto debit, it will state here that your payment will automatically be taken from your credit card. If you are not on auto debit, it will not say this. There is also a link here that will take you to our new client portal where you can login and pay your bill, review your invoices, and update your contact information.
1. Notice that your invoice has an invoice number.
2. The description of your service or charge will appear in the area under description.
3. The “total” is the total you are being charged for your services on this invoice.
4. The “balance” is the amount owed on this invoice. This number will be the same as the total if no credits or payments are applied on your account.
1. When your receive your payment via email, the subject of the email with be "Invoice Payment Confirmation".
2. In the second line of your receipt email, you will see the word "receipt" which indicates that the attachment is a receipt and does not need paid.
3. You will see a line showing the total paid on this invoice. If full payment was not made, the remaining balance will be shown below the total paid.
4. This line will confirm that the email and attachment you have received are a receipt indicating payment was applied to your account.
1. You will see that this invoice has been paid by looking at the payments received.
2. Under amount, you can see the amount applied to this invoice. Both full and partial payments will show here.
3. If the balance is $0.00, this invoice has been paid in full. If the invoice is not paid in full, the remaining balance will show here.