Managing Spam and the Spam Folder
How do I mark one or more messages as spam?
- Login to Webmail.
- Select the message(s) you would like to mark as Spam.
- Click the Spam button from the message list toolbar.
- The message is moved to your spam folder.
- By moving the message to your spam folder, also sends information to the spam filtering engine, updating the filtering rules to catch future similar spam messages.
From time to time, spam messages will arrive in your inbox. When they do, you can mark them as spam. By doing so the information is sent to the spam-filtering engine so the filtering rules are updated for to improve future recognition of similar spam emails.
Messages in the spam folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have opted-in to a mailing list (i.e. newsletter, retail advertisement/offers, etc.) you will be required to unsubscribe to those messages via the unsubscribe links within those messages. It is usually in the bottom of the messages and in a step or two you can complete the request.
What if the message is not spam?
- Login to Webmail.
- Click on the folder marked as Spam.
- Select the message(s) you would like to mark as “Not Spam”.
- Click the Not Spam button from the message list toolbar.
- The message(s) will then be moved to your inbox.
Legitimate emails can be tagged as spam based on their message subject, content or message routing. Marking a message as “Not Spam” will send information to the spam-filtering engine so the filtering rules can be updated to improve future recognition of valid emails.
Any message that has been marked as spam and sent to your Spam folder will be automatically deleted after 30 days. Please review your spam folder regularly to double check and make sure that messages you want are moved to your inbox.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have not set up your email account as an IMAP connection, you will want to move the mail from the spam folder, and then forward the message in your inbox to your self to resend that message to your ensure you receive it in your email application.